Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Writers Block


In a society made of words, consumed by the media, writers block is a relevant issue. I wrote this silly poem a while ago, but at this point in time, it couldn't apply more. 


Writer’s block
Brings me back
To the time my greatest worry
Was afternoon snack-
And on the way home not to step on the crack
-For fear of breaking my mother’s back.
The words were jibber jabber, sacred jargon
And the lessons please, thank you and beg your pardon
I wish I was back in kindergarten
When roses were red
And violets were blue
Now flowers are so complex in hue
And everything seems to come back to you.
I’m out on a tangent
That’s driving me wild
The face of a woman
But the eyes of a child
I miss the days when things were mild
The sun came up and went to bed
Along with the old man who bumped his head
And blushing faces turned pink, not red
Tick tack toe troubles have faded away
Board games grow dusty, waiting for a rainy day
And building blocks sold at a yard sale in May
While the block of a writer-is here to stay.
Poetry in English Class / 2009

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bridgid,
    I enjoyed your poem because it brought out the beauty of everyday things we think about only in passing. This is the kind of writer’s block I can live with.

    ReplyDelete