Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rocking

Rock
and roll,
it’s out of control.
The beat of the drums
echoes deep in my soul.
Rock back and forth
in the waves of the sound,
with edges-so rough
and a base, smooth and round. 
The rocking chair under me scrapes on the ground. 
Rocking and rolling, 
my heart skips a beat
and I’m tapping my feet
to this music-so sweet. 
This room full of passion has become my retreat
and this rocking, rocking, rocking chair-my seat.


To sit back and observe
a rain stick turn-full of pebbles
and faces, lighting up,
those silly little rebels.
Pretend to be bad
but your innocent, I’m sure
for, the sound of the music is nothing but pure
and the eyes in the audience say
“Give me more” 
More beats and more drums
more twitling thumbs
fingering strums.
More base-smooth and round
vibrating the ground,
more moving around
more rock and roll sound.
Creative Writing Class / 2009

1 comment:

  1. Hey :) I really enjoyed your poem - the rhythm you established at the top ran through the entirety of the verses.

    I liked it a lot ~

    Doris Salazar

    ReplyDelete