Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Firenze

I saw a cat try to catch
A bird with paws,
Flippant and quick,
To no avail.

With a perfect view of a piazza
That has the perfect view
Of the city
(Watching the watcher from afar)
I sit.

I wandered wearily to the top
And sank into the music
where my bones confess
They retreat.

Glancing down towards a place
(not far off at all)
Where people make a point
to sit down
And talk about nothing
Each day.

We must sit down
With them and speak
Their language
Although we can’t translate
Their tongues.

We try to abide
By the time and are lost
In translation.
We found a round sensation.

The sense
That the sentiments lost
Will never be picked up again.
—we’ll leave them then.

On the cobblestones
Where the horses hooves
Beat in long ago
Before I did know
How to light
This cigarette.

The smoke that travels
Travels wide and white
Like the pallor
Of strange encounters
Outside

I saw a bird
Release his bowls
Right in front of me
Missing my head
Because I decided it was impolite
To pass a stranger on the street

I retreat into my music
And sing a song of sadness
Silently inside
While I’m totally and completely
Happy

Just to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment